Call for Papers – Fall 2020
January 7, 2020
A Focus on the Future of Resiliency
DRJ Fall 2020 | JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa | September 28 – October 1, 2020
CFP CLOSES APRIL 10, 2020
What: DRJ Fall 2020, our four-day conference
Where: JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Phoenix, Ariz.
When: Sept. 28 – Oct. 1, 2020
Main Contact: Lesley Vinyard
[email protected] / (636) 282.5800
1862 Old Lemay Ferry Rd., Arnold, MO 63010
For over 30 years now, DRJ’s conference has been the most comprehensive in the industry and focuses on all aspects of business resiliency/continuity and disaster recovery planning. Professionals from around the world travel to attend DRJ conferences to learn, grow and engage. On average, more than 1,000 people attend to hear from industry experts, view the extensive exhibit hall with the latest technology, experience unlimited educational opportunities, and make lifelong professional and personal connections. We welcome submissions from all practitioners, consultants, authors, and vendors from corporations, academia, non-profits, government, and the military.
DRJ Fall 2020 is from Sunday afternoon to noon Wednesday.
- Workshop sessions are 2.5 hours long on Sunday and Tuesday afternoons and are in-depth non-lecture studies of specific business continuity issues, problems, or solutions. These sessions feature interactive activities such as hands-on scenarios, role playing, and more.
- General sessions are 1 hour and are Monday and Wednesday mornings (6 total).
- Breakout sessions are 1 hour each and held Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning, and Tuesday afternoon in 7 different tracks (5 sessions in each track for a total of 35 breakout sessions). These are more lecture-type sessions with one to two presenters who share information and include Q&A time.
- The Solutions Track is where seasoned industry veterans and/or service providers present solutions using up-to-date resources, products, and strategies. There are 8 sessions in this track (1 hour each) and are only Sunday afternoon.
- General Session topics are presented to all attendees and have a broad appeal.
- Panel Session submissions are permitted but must be limited to 4 people (3 panelists and 1 moderator). Each panelist’s name, title, company name, and valid email address must be included with CFP submissions (Word document may be attached). Panelists must pay a discounted conference attendance fee.
Sessions must be educational around a business continuity, disaster recovery, or related theme. No endorsement segments will be accepted.
Potential Conference Topics
All sectors of the business continuity profession are represented: banking/financial; public utilities; transportation; insurance; communications; manufacturing; government; educations; IT services; Internet services; retail; wholesale; health care; petroleum, entertainment, etc.
Benefits of Speaking at DRJ
DRJ conference speakers are highly regarded as subject matter experts in the industry. As a speaker at DRJ Fall 2020 you’ll:
- Present ideas and challenges to our attendees
- Enhance your personal and professional resume
- Gain recognition by appearing at the industry’s largest business continuity conference
- Share your expertise and knowledge with the industry
- Network with other subject matter experts and industry leaders
- Receive free admission to the conference, which includes admission to all sessions, workshops, hospitalities, product demos, and entrance to the exhibit hall. Breakfasts and lunches provided by the conference host are also included each day. This represents a value of $1495.00.
Electronic submissions will include the following:
- Submit electronically here.
- Brief speaker biography (1 sentence) (Word document)
- Session synopsis (descriptive title/synopsis with clear definition of session & take-aways, 250 word limit) (Word document)
- Speaker photograph (.jpg format, 300 dpi resolution with full name and title)
- Note speaking style may be submitted
- Materials must be submitted in the correct format at time of submission, incomplete submissions will not be considered
- No print, scan or faxed submissions, including PDF versions, will be accepted, only online submissions will be accepted
- The online brochure allows more space to include additional details. Please indicate by highlighting the specific parts you want included in the print brochure.
- Photos embedded in Word will not be accepted
- Include the presenter’s name, address, valid email, and contact phone number(s).
- If an individual is submitting on behalf of a presenter, include their name as “support staff” with all communication
- Submissions from public relations firms will not be accepted unless speakers’ contact information is included. All communication from DRJ will be directed to the speaker, not the PR firm.
If your presentation is accepted, the speaker will be required to submit a PowerPoint file using the dedicated conference logo for inclusion in the conference proceedings by the deadline. Once the presentation has been accepted, no change to the topic, the format, number of presenters or other modifications to the original submission can be made without written approval by DRJ.
Important Items to Consider
- Speaker is responsible for all travel expenses
- By submitting a call for paper, you are committing your availability to the conference dates
- Ensure you have permission from your employer to travel/attend/speak
- DRJ reserves the right to make reasonable changes to the title, description, track and speaker biography of successful submissions
- Potential speakers must advise DRJ if they plan to submit their presentation to any other conference or seminar. DRJ does not accept presentations which have been submitted or already presented to any other BC/DR conference or CFP.