Call for Papers – Fall 2021
Resiliency in Time of Rebuilding
DRJ Fall 2021 | JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge | September 19 – 22, 2021
What: DRJ Fall 2021, our four-day conference
Where: JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge, Phoenix, AZ
When: September 19 – 22, 2021
Main Contact: Lesley Vinyard
Lesley@drj.com / (636) 282.5800
1862 Old Lemay Ferry Rd., Arnold, MO 63010
Please be assured that the health and safety of all parties are first and foremost in our preparation an in-person DRJ Fall 2021 conference. As such, many considerations and modifications are our priority. We are partnering with both the JW Marriott and the city of Phoenix to ensure the safety of all for a return to an in-person event. For more information, please visit the event site at www.drj.com/fall2021.
For over 30 years now, DRJ’s conference has been the most comprehensive in the industry and focuses on all aspects of business resiliency, continuity, and disaster recovery planning. On average, more than 1,000 people attend to hear from industry experts, view the extensive exhibit hall with the latest technology, experience unlimited educational opportunities, and make lifelong professional and personal connections. All sectors of the business continuity profession are represented: banking/financial; public utilities; transportation; insurance; communications; manufacturing; government; educations; IT services; Internet services; retail; wholesale; health care; petroleum, entertainment, etc.
We welcome submissions from all practitioners, consultants, authors, and vendors from corporations, academia, non-profits, government, and the military.
DRJ Fall 2021 is from Monday to Thursday.
- Workshop sessions are 2.5 hours long and are in-depth, non-lecture studies of specific business continuity issues, problems, or solutions. These sessions feature interactive activities such as hands-on scenarios, role playing, and more.
- General sessions are 1 hour each (6 total). Topics are presented to all attendees and have a broad appeal.
- Breakout sessions are 1 hour each in 7 different tracks (5 sessions in each track for a total of 35 breakout sessions). These are more lecture-type sessions with one to two presenters who share information and include Q&A time.
- The Solutions Track is where seasoned industry veterans and/or service providers present solutions using up-to-date resources, products, and strategies. There are 8 sessions in this track, 1 hour each.
- Panel Sessions are permitted but must be limited to 4 people (1 moderator and 3 panelists). Each panelist’s name, title, company name, and valid email address must be included with CFP submissions.
Sessions must be educational around a business continuity, disaster recovery, or related theme. No endorsement segments will be accepted.
Potential Conference Topics
Benefits of Speaking at DRJDRJ conference speakers are highly regarded as subject matter experts in the industry. As a speaker at DRJ Fall 2021 you’ll:
- Present ideas and challenges to our attendees
- Enhance your personal and professional resume
- Gain recognition by appearing at the industry’s largest business continuity conference
- Share your expertise and knowledge with the industry
- Network with other subject matter experts and industry leaders
- Receive free admission to the conference, which includes admission to all sessions, workshops, hospitalities, product demos, and entrance to the exhibit hall. This represents a value of $1495.00.
Electronic submissions will include the following:
- Select Presentation Format (Workshop, General Session, Breakout, Solutions Track, Panel Session/Roundtable Discussion)
- Contact Information (name, address, title, company, email, etc.)
- Brief biography (1-2 sentences)
- Speaker Headshot (color, .jpg format, 300 dpi resolution)
- Session Title (descriptive)
- Synopsis (with clear definition of session and take-aways, 250-word limit)
- If an individual is submitting on behalf of a presenter, include their name as “support staff” with all communication
- Submissions from public relations firms will not be accepted unless speakers’ contact information is included. All communication from DRJ will be directed to the speaker, not the PR firm.
- Submit electronically here.
If your presentation is accepted, the speaker will be required to submit a PowerPoint file using the dedicated conference logo for inclusion in the conference proceedings by the deadline. Once the presentation has been accepted, no change to the topic, the format, number of presenters or other modifications to the original submission can be made without written approval by DRJ.
Important Items to Consider
- By submitting a call for paper, you are committing your availability to the conference dates
- Ensure you have permission from your employer to speak
- DRJ reserves the right to make reasonable changes to the title, description, track and speaker biography of successful submissions
- Potential speakers must advise DRJ if they plan to submit their presentation to any other conference or seminar. DRJ does not accept presentations which have been submitted or already presented to any other BC/DR conference or CFP.