Conference: Fall World 2017 – CFP CLOSES APRIL 21, 2017
Dates: September 17 - 20, 2017
Location: JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
City: Phoenix, AZ
Deadline: April 21, 2017
WAYS TO SUBMIT YOUR CFP PRESENTATION
To Submit Instantly:
Subject: ‘Speaker name’ Fall World 2017 submission
To: (636) 282-5802
Attn: Patti Fitzgerald
Subject: Conference Speaker
By Mail or Courier:
Attn: Patti Fitzgerald
Subject: Conference Speaker
1862 Old Lemay Ferry Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63010
Disaster Recovery Journal, hosts and sponsors of Fall World invite you to nominate a speaker and/or topic for our conference. For over 28 years our conference focuses on all aspects of business continuity, disaster recovery planning and is the most comprehensive offered in the industry. Some 1000+ people from countries worldwide will be attending this conference and viewing our extensive exhibit hall.
Join us in beautiful Phoenix, AZ. September 17-20, 2017 as we celebrate our 57th conference. We pack our agenda with educational sessions that attendees utilize to thrive in business continuity and related fields. This four-day event provides many opportunities to view the latest products and newest technology!
The conference begins Sunday afternoon and continues through Wednesday at noon. Workshop sessions (2.5 hours in length) are held on Sunday and Tuesday afternoon. General Sessions (1 hour in length) are held on Monday, and Wednesday morning (6 total). Breakout sessions (1 hour in length) are held on Monday afternoon, and Tuesday morning & afternoon in seven different tracks, 5 sessions in each track for a total of 35 breakout sessions. We include a Solutions Track where seasoned Industry veterans &/or service providers will present solutions using today’s resources, products, and strategies. Eight sessions in this track (1 hour in length) are presented on Sunday afternoon only.
GENERAL SESSIONtopics are presented to all attendees and should have a broad appeal.
WORKSHOP SESSIONS are usually an in-depth study of a specific business continuity issue, problem or solution. These sessions are not lectures. Instead they should feature interactive activities, such as hands-on scenarios, role playing, etc. BREAKOUT SESSIONSare one hour in length and are more lecture type sessions. With one – two presenters sharing information & allowing time for Q&A.
PANEL SESSION submissions are permitted but need to be limited to 3 panelists and a moderator (4 total people). Each panelist’s name, title, company name and valid email address must be included with the CFP submissions (may attach a Word document). Note - panelists are not eligible to attend the conference at N/C.
Our conference attracts attendees from all sectors of the business continuity profession. These sectors include: banking/financial; public utilities; transportation; insurance; communications; manufacturing; government; education; computer services; retail; wholesale; health care and petroleum. Other industries are also represented.
Sessions must be educational in nature with a business continuity, disaster recovery or related theme. Specific products, services and companies are not to be endorsed. No dog-and-pony sessions will be accepted.
Conference topics in the past have included, but are not limited to, the following subjects:
Benefits of Speaking at DRJ
Our speakers are highly regarded as subject matter experts in the industry. As a speaker at DRJ’s Fall World 2017 you’ll:
- Present ideas and challenges to our attendees
- Enhance your personal & professional resume
- Gain recognition by appearing at the industry’s largest business continuity conference
- Share your expertise and knowledge with the industry
- Network with other subject matter experts and industry leaders
- Receive free admission to the conference, which includes admission to all sessions, workshops, hospitalities, product demos, and entrance to the exhibit area. Breakfasts and lunches provided by the conference host are also included. This represents a value of $1395.00.
- Have your session included in DRJ’s Live Learning Center This allows attendees to review and share your session to their team.
To be considered as a speaker for our conference, submit a BRIEF abstract/synopsis with description title of the presentation that clearly defines what the session is about and what the session “take-a-ways” would be for the attendee. Include a speaker biography and a photo. Please use the attached form to submit your presentation. (See below for submission format guidelines.) Also, please note your speaking style. An audio or video may be submitted if desired. INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND WILL BE DISCARDED. We must have all materials submitted in the proper format at the time of submission.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT -
- BY SUBMITTING A CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS FOR FALL WORLD, YOU ARE COMMITTING YOUR AVAILABILITY TO THE DATES OF THE CONFERENCE – September 17 – 20, 2017. And that you have permission to speak/attend/travel. Please mark your calendars. We will notify you of your exact session time once the selection process has been completed. Allow 2-3 weeks after the CFP deadline – April 21,2017.
- All speakers receive complimentary admission to our conference as well as the exhibit area and other conference functions. All other expenses, including hotel, travel, evening meals, etc., are solely the responsibility of the speaker.
- If presentation is accepted, speaker will be required to submit an electronic PowerPoint file using the designated conference logo for inclusion in the conference proceedings and for DRJ’s Live Learning Center by the date designated in the speaker kit.
- Speakers understand that once the presentation has been accepted, no changes to the topic, format, number of presenters, or any other modifications to the original submission will be made without expressed written approval of DRJ
- Speaker kits will be emailed to you after selection process is finalized.
Request for Submissions
If you are interested in presenting a session for Fall World, please submit the required materials in the suggested format (guidelines below). Speakers will be notified when a decision is made. All decisions are final. We reserve the right to make reasonable changes to the title, description, track, and speaker biography of successful submissions. INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND CAN’T BE RETURNED. (NOTE - A COMPLETE SUBMISSION INCLUDES A BRIEF SPEAKER BIO, SESSION SYNOPSIS AND SPEAKER PHOTO IN THE PROPER FORMAT.)
Format for Electronic Submissions:
Submit your form electronically via our website using the form below. The form can also be attached to an email. Please DO NOT print and scan your submission - or fax it. The synopsis and bio can be attached as a Word document, as an alternate process. Do not submit scanned or pdf versions of the submission form, synopsis or biography.
PHOTO - .jpg format, 300 dpi resolution. Include full name with the photo. DO NOT embed photos in word documents.
INCLUDE presenters name, address and contact numbers.
SUBMISSIONS FROM PUBLIC RELATIONS FIRMS will not be accepted unless speakers’ contact information is included. All communication from DRJ will be directed to the speaker, not the PR firm.
SUBMISSIONS that are NOT SELECTED for Fall World will not be held. Potential speakers must re-submit their information for any future conferences.