MHSP Consortium, Federated Edge, Powered by Zadara Edge Cloud Services Experiences Growth in First Few Months
IRVINE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Zadara, the recognized leader in edge cloud services, today announced that its Federated Edge (FE) program is experiencing significant momentum – just a few short months after its initial launch. Designed to help Managed Hosting Service Providers (MHSPs) win on a global scale, the FE program introduces a new, fully managed, distributed cloud architecture. By leveraging a global network of MHSPs, the FE unlocks new use cases and revenue models made possible for its MHSP members without requiring investments in hardware, technology or human capital. Zadara has added more than 30 partners to the program and has upwards of 60 new clouds located around the world and available for use by FE operators and solution providers.
“We see a future where there is a Federated Edge Cloud in every city in the entire world, hosted by an MHSP, allowing edge customers to deploy workloads at sub 5 milliseconds no matter where they are,” said Nelson Nahum, CEO, Zadara.
The rapid move to remote work and the continued need to do business globally have combined to underscore the importance of resilience and flexibility for MHSPs and their customers. Moving workloads to the edge – closer to where data is generated and consumed – is necessary to achieve this needed strength and agility. Until now, MHSPs have found themselves between a rock and a hard place when looking to grow. To offset the cost of working with expensive hyperscalers, or procuring and deploying costly, burdensome infrastructure themselves, MHSPs have turned to other alternatives to achieve their growth goals.
Helping MHSPs blaze a path to the edge, Zadara’s FE program enables them to provision Infrastructure-as-a-Service business solutions to customers as close as necessary to those customers’ workloads, through a shared revenue model. According to Zadara partner NFINIT’s Jeremy Fitzpatrick, Zadara’s FE goes even further – allowing the provider of enterprise-class cloud, connectivity, colocation, and technology services to add services that just didn’t make sense for them to build on their own. “Zadara has given us the opportunity to expand our footprint of existing services, such as backup and disaster recovery, into the client environments and other areas we may not have been able to reach before. Zadara is a great partner with whom we can confidently build our business.”
“We regularly hear from MHSPs that they have had to pass on business because a customer needed to deploy workloads in a region where they did not have a presence,” added Nahum. “Now, for the first time, thanks to our FE program, MHSPs can deploy edge cloud workloads anywhere in the world, not just within their own data centers. With just a few clicks, FE operators can access a large, global, uniform edge cloud unlike anything available on the market today.”
Zadara delivers superior turnkey solutions for partners with the benefits of on-demand compute, network and storage services anywhere, in an existing on-premises data center, in a private colocation facility, or in the cloud. This flexibility enables customers to develop, deploy, run and virtualize any application on a true 100% OpEx consumption-based model.
Benefits of Becoming a Zadara MHSP Federated Edge Operator
- Create new revenue streams with zero CapEx risk: Gain instant global scale without the need to build new data centers, form individual partnerships or deploy to a colocation facility in new regions based on ever-changing customer needs. All global infrastructure is provided and available on-demand via the Federated Edge network powered by Zadara’s Edge Cloud Services technology. Operators pay only for usage.
- Deliver new global products and services: Extend global reach by leveraging access to Compute and Storage as a Service on the world’s largest federation of hosting service provider locations for location-sensitive workloads.
- Successfully compete with public cloud providers: The Federated Edge Program gives on-demand access to the features and low latencies (without the egress fees!) needed to compete at the edge against the world’s largest public clouds.
- Remove data sovereignty barriers and achieve compliance goals: Federated Edge Zones, or points of presence, available in cities across the world ease concerns around data sovereignty and compliance issues.
- Move workloads to the Edge in the cloud model: The Federated Edge program provides low latency access to enable partners to deploy infrastructure as close as necessary to where the data is generated and consumed.
For more information about Zadara and to join the federation, please visit www.zadara.com/federated-edge/.
Since 2011, Zadara’s Cloud Platform (ZCP) simplifies operational complexity through automated end-to-end infrastructure provisioning of compute, storage and network resources. Backed by an industry-best NPS rating of 71, Zadara Edge Cloud users are supported by Zadara’s team of battle-tested cloud experts and backed by our 100% SLA guarantee. With solutions available on-premises and through cloud and colocation providers, Zadara’s turnkey hardware/software, combined with its pay-only-for-what-you-use model, helps companies gain agility without sacrificing the features and functionality that enterprise IT teams demand. Zadara operates worldwide, including clouds in hundreds of data centers at public- and private-cloud partners, with an expert team that provides follow-the-sun services and support and is the official cloud supplier of Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN in the Formula One world championship. Zadara is headquartered in Irvine, California with locations in Cirencester (UK), Tokyo, Yokneam (Israel), and Bangalore.