FEMA announced today $12 million in competitive awards for its Fiscal Year 2021 Regional Catastrophic Preparedness Grant Program to 15 state and local governments to assist in developing innovative regional solutions to issues related to catastrophic incidents, including pandemic preparedness.
The grant program supports the building of core capabilities, which address the nation’s greatest risks and are essential to achieving the National Preparedness Goal of a secure and resilient nation. Delivering core capabilities requires the combined effort of the whole community, rather than the exclusive effort of any single organization or level of government.
The 2021 grants focus on planning, organization, training and exercises to build regional capabilities in FEMA’s Health and Medical and Food, Water and Sheltering Community Lifelines. In addition, applicants were encouraged to address the needs of socially vulnerable populations in their project proposals.
The 15 state and local governments were selected from 22 eligible applications. The projects selected are regional, replicable and sustainable after the grant period of performance ends.
Fiscal Year 2021 RCPGP awardees:
- Chicago, Illinois: $935,435
- Dallas, Texas: $945,859
- District of Columbia: $936,400
- El Paso, Texas: $888,105
- Hawaii: $945,859
- Houston, Texas: $463,543
- Idaho: $662,101
- Los Angeles, California: $945,859
- New Jersey: $748,931
- Oklahoma: $852,625
- Oregon: $388,463
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: $945,859
- Pierce County, Washington: $851,273
- San Antonio, Texas: $543,870
- San Francisco, California: $945,818
Information on the FY21 RCPGP program is located online at Regional Catastrophic Preparedness Grants | FEMA.gov.
If you have any questions, please contact FEMA Office of External Affairs:
- Congressional Affairs at (202) 646-4500 or at FEMA-Congressional-Affairs@fema.dhs.gov
- Intergovernmental Affairs at (202) 646-3444 or at FEMA-IGA@fema.dhs.gov
- Tribal Affairs at (202) 646-3444 or at FEMA-Tribal@fema.dhs.gov
- Private Sector Engagement at (202) 646-3444 or at email@example.com
Also, follow Administrator Deanne Criswell on Twitter @FEMA_Deanne.
Helping people before, during, and after disasters.