Available now within Sabey facilities in Washington State
SEATTLE, Wash. – Sabey Data Centers, one of the largest privately owned multi-tenant data center owner/developer/operators in the United States, announced today that it has partnered with Megaport, a global leading Network as a Service (NaaS) provider to bring direct on-demand cloud connectivity to Sabey customers.
- Now available in Sabey’s flagship Intergate.Seattle data center in Seattle and Intergate.Quincy’s three building data center campus in central Washington, this partnership offers customers:
- Choice: Direct private access to an industry-leading 171 cloud on-ramps and over on-net locations
- Security and Predictability: Reliable, direct, private connections that bypass the public internet. Low latency and high availability (100% SLA) from Megaport ensure Sabey customers can depend on the cloud access they need
- Marketplace: A global ecosystem of more than 360 service providers, including Alibaba, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Nutanix, Oracle Cloud, Salesforce, and SAP
- Ease-of-Use: Delivered from a self-service easy to use Portal, Megaport services can be enabled and adjusted as you require – just like the cloud resources
- Optionality: Enable hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and cloud-to-cloud architectures via point-and-click provisioning with the intelligent Megaport Cloud Router
- Performance: Localize applications and terminate traffic closer to the edge where performance matters
- Scalability: Elastic connectivity supports business needs and aligns to cloud consumption models
Robert Rockwood, President of Sabey Data Centers, said, “We have been very thoughtful about cloud connectivity for our data center tenants nationwide. We listen to their requirements on a tenant-by-tenant basis and having an on-ramp to the cloud from your data center is one of today’s must-have IT options. On-demand, multi-cloud connectivity is Megaport’s specialty and through Megaport, customers have direct access to the broadest set of cloud on-ramps globally. Having that capability within our data centers greatly improves the quality of our product offering.”
“We are very pleased to welcome Sabey to our growing ecosystem of data center partners,” added Peter Hase, Chief Commercial Officer at Megaport. “The Megaport SDN simplifies connectivity for enterprises by removing many of the traditional cloud access complexities involving technical resources, capital costs, performance, and security. Through our rich global network of service providers, businesses can choose and rapidly connect to the services that are right for their specific requirements and digital strategies.”
Dan Meltzer, Sabey Vice President for Sales and Leasing, said, “For all of our customers, having access to cloud services is a vital component of their business strategy. Today’s hybrid workloads consist of cloud and traditional computing. With Megaport as a partner, we now offer fast and easy cloud access to giant providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure, as well as customized hybrid cloud solutions that are efficient, reliable, and quick to market.”
He added, “This is a powerful, easy-to-implement solution, especially with Sabey’s dark fiber connectivity among all buildings on our campuses.”
Mr. Rockwood said, “Sabey and Megaport are working closely together to add Megaport’s cloud connectivity solutions to other Sabey campuses to continue supporting our customers’ IT strategies.
“Given the magnitude of the COVID-19 pandemic and its global effects on methods of work, including working from home and distributed computing, enterprises are seeking to enhance their computer infrastructure. Sabey Data Centers have seen significantly increased demand for multi-cloud access and data center services, and we will help to ensure that customers will have the resources necessary to weather the outbreak,” he added.
About Sabey Data Centers
With a portfolio of more than three million square feet of mission critical space, Sabey Data Center Properties is one of the largest privately-owned multi-tenant data center owner/developer/operators in the United States. Sabey specializes in scalable, custom-built solutions including data center ready shell space and fully turnkey data centers managed by Sabey’s award-winning critical environment staff. Consistently recognized for low cost hydroelectric power, operational excellence through its world-class data centers and sustained uptime, Sabey is proud to provide data center services to many of the world’s top financial, technology and healthcare companies. http://sabeydatacenters.com.
Megaport is a global leading Network as a Service provider. Using Software Defined Networking (SDN), the Company’s global platform enables customers to rapidly connect their network to other services across the Megaport Network. Services can be directly controlled by customers via mobile devices, their computer, or our open API. Megaport connects more than 1,800 customers in 601 enabled data centres globally. Megaport is an Alibaba Cloud Technology Partner, AWS Technology Partner, AWS Networking Competency Partner, Google Cloud Interconnect Partner, IBM Direct Link Cloud Exchange provider, Microsoft Azure Express Route Partner, Nutanix Direct Connect Partner, Oracle Cloud Partner, Salesforce Express Connect Partner, and SAP PartnerEdge Open Ecosystem Partner.