A year filled with record-breaking sales, hundreds of new customers, partnership expansions and product portfolio growth helps solidify Scale Computing as leader in edge computing and hyperconvergence
Scale Computing, a market leader in edge computing, virtualization and hyperconverged solutions, achieved record sales in Q4 driven by its OEM partnerships and edge-based deal activity, exiting 2019 at a growth rate of over 90% in total software revenue. As a result, Scale Computing recorded its best year yet, extending worldwide sales as it added hundreds of new customers, including gains in distributed enterprises, strategic partnerships, channel growth, award recognitions, and an expansion of its HC3 Edge product portfolio.
In 2019, Scale Computing’s edge computing leadership was further cemented with the expansion of its HC3 Edge product family, includingHE500 and HE150 series appliances designed specifically for edge IT infrastructure deployment. The company has built upon a number of trusted partners, including Lenovo, Acronis, Parallels, Schneider Electric, Leostream and NEC Corporation of America. In addition, Scale Computing announced an OEM partnership with Acronis, offering Acronis Cyber Backup to customers through Scale Computing channels. These milestones are driving Scale Computing’s growth worldwide with retailers, distributed enterprises and SMBs.
“Across industries and segments, companies are looking to drive out complexity and maximize application uptime,” said Jeff Ready, CEO and co-founder of Scale Computing. “Nowhere is this more apparent than in edge computing, where hands-on IT personnel and on-site resources are limited. Whether at the edge or in the data center, customers want to reduce the complexity and minimize the cost of their IT processes, and at Scale Computing, we are delivering competitive solutions that solve the needs of our customers around the world, as evidenced by our ratings on Gartner Peer Insights, Spiceworks, TechValidate and TrustRadius. In 2020, we anticipate even higher growth for Scale Computing as a leading player in the edge computing and hyperconverged space, and we look forward to the successes this year will bring.”
Additional Key Customer Wins and Partnerships:
- Scale Computing has experienced strong customer growth within a multitude of industries, including education, government,oil/gas/energy, healthcare, and manufacturing.
- Scale Computing has significantly built its international client roster in 2019 with notable customers such as Papua New Guinea Judiciary and Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa.
- Scale Computing’s partnership with Lenovo has continued to grow, with key customer wins including Delhaize, one of the largest retailers in the world, Coca Cola Beverages Africa, the Zillertaler Gletscherbahn, National Bank of Kenya, beIN Sports, and De Forensische Zorgspecialisten.
- Leostream partnered with Scale Computing for multiple customer implementations to transform VDI performance, reliability and efficiency for organizations. Customers included:
- Harlingen WaterWorks System, a Texas-based regional utility company, transformed its VDI performance and reliability with Scale Computing, Leostream and Liquidware
- Paris Community Hospital, a full-service emergency medical, surgery and rehabilitation hospital in Illinois, cured IT infrastructure challenges with a VDI solution running on Scale Computing and Leostream.
- Acronis and Scale Computing joined forces creating an alliance partnership to offer customers enhanced data protection, disaster recovery and threat mitigation on the Scale Computing HC3 platform.
- Parallels partnered with Scale Computing to offer fully-supported, affordable and easy-to-use VDI delivery solutions to enterprise customers.
- NEC Corporation of America and NEC Enterprise Solutions (EMEA) announced a new hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) solution powered by Scale Computing’s HC3 software.
- Schneider Electric and Scale Computing partnered to help retailers support critical business applications with edge computing globally.
- Harrison Steel Castings Company, a leader in providing high value cast solutions to diverse markets, turned to Scale Computing for high-power IT infrastructure at the edge.
- Carrs Tool Steels, a UK-based manufacturing firm, enlisted Scale Computing for its IT environment.
- Northern Marine began its initial edge computing implementation with Scale Computing with 32 clusters deployed on board its ships, with plans to expand in 2020.
Key Awards and Recognitions:
- CRN recognized Scale Computing as a winner in the #1 vendor in both Converged/Hyperconverged Infrastructure and Desktop/Server Virtualization categories of the CRN® 2019 Annual Report Card (ARC) awards program. Scale Computing additionally won all subcategories for both categories including: Product Innovation, Support, Partnership, and Managed/Cloud Services.
- Scale Computing was recognized for the second consecutive time in the Nov. 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure.
- The Channel Company honored Scale Computing Partner Community with a 5-star rating in the 2019 CRN Partner Program Guide.
- TrustRadius honored Scale Computing as a top-rated “Server Virtualization” platform as part of its Top-Rated awards program. The community rated Scale Computing a 9.6 out of 10, the highest score in its category.
- CRN has recognized Scale Computing’s HE500 series with a 2019 CRN Tech Innovator Award in the Edge Infrastructure category.
- Scott Mann, director of North American Channel at Scale Computing, was recognized as ‘Most Influential CRN 2019 Channel Chief.’
- At the MES Spring and Fall 2019 Summits, Scale Computing took home top honors in the “Best Midmarket Solution: Hardware,” “Best Boardroom: Premier” and “Best in Show: Premier” categories.
- Scale Computing was additionally awarded an XCellence Award in the Technology Solution Category at the 2019 NexGen Conference.
- Scale Computing’s partnership with Corbel saw the company awarded Data Centre Managed Services Innovation of the Year at the 2019 DCS Awards.
- Scale Computing was honored to have been ‘Edge Project of the Year’ finalist at the SDC Awards this year for its work alongside Ahold Delhaize.
- The UK Storage Awards recognized Scale Computing as ‘Hyperconvergence Vendor of the Year’ for its HC3 range.
- Scale Computing was shortlisted at the Computing Technology Product Awards for its work alongside Neuways.
- Scale Computing’s Edge Computing Solution won recognition at GigaOm Go Awards for its noteworthy capabilities in edge-core cloud integration, data protection, ease of use, feature set and TCO.
About Scale Computing
Scale Computing is a leader in edge computing, virtualization, and hyperconverged solutions. Scale Computing HC3 software eliminates the need for traditional virtualization software, disaster recovery software, servers, and shared storage, replacing these with a fully integrated, highly available system for running applications. Using patented HyperCore™ technology, the HC3 self-healing platform automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects infrastructure problems in real-time, enabling applications to achieve maximum uptime. When ease-of-use, high availability, and TCO matter, Scale Computing HC3 is the ideal infrastructure platform. Read what our customers have to say on Gartner Peer Insights, Spiceworks, TechValidate and TrustRadius.