Disaster Recovery Journal
1862 Old Lemay Ferry Road, Arnold, MO 63010
Ph: (636) 282-5800, Fax: (636) 282-5802
Article Submission Guidelines
- Article deadlines for this quarterly publication are generally the last Friday in December (Spring edition), March (Summer edition), June (Fall edition), and September (Winter edition). Any subject regarding business continuity planning or disaster recovery will be considered for publication throughout the year.
- Articles should be approximately 1,500 to 2,000 words in length. Articles more than 3,000 words will be returned for an edit by the author.
- Articles may not be simultaneously submitted to other publications.
- Articles must be completely VENDOR-NEUTRAL. No mention of any business continuity vendor – or the products and services they provide – will be published. Sections about “how to choose a vendor” or “how to select a specific product or service” may also be removed.
- Articles may be written in first or third person, but ultimately, all articles are considered the opinion of the author. Your opinion on the selected topic may carry a lot of weight in the industry, but most readers would like the assurance of being provided a source on particular information.
- Endnotes or bibliographies will not be printed. All references must be incorporated into the body of the article. For example:
- “According to a 2017 Stanford University survey, most computer users will …”
- “Bill Johnson, noted economics professor from Stanford University, believes most computer users will …”
- Authors should include a short one or two sentence bio about themselves at the end of the article.
- Authors are encouraged to submit photographs, charts, or other graphic illustrations to enhance the presentation of the article. All graphic files must be saved separately in a standard graphic format (.jpg, .tif, .eps, etc…) with a resolution of at least 300 dpi at the intended size. Including photos in a Word document will not suffice.
- Authors should also submit a headshot photograph in a standard graphic format (.jpg, .tif, etc…) with a resolution of at least 300 dpi at the intended size. Color photos are preferred over black and white.
- Articles may be edited for length, clarity, style and improper usage of industry terms. Please refer to the DRJ glossary (www.drj.com/resources/tools/glossary-2.html) before submitting article.
- Upon acceptance, all authors are required to sign a copyright agreement. Disaster Recovery Journal will retain all publishing rights. However, DRJ will grant authors permission to reproduce the article for corporate marketing purposes or other non-competing publications.
- Due to the volume of articles we receive – and oftentimes the subject of other articles on hand – publication of your submission may take up to six months.
- Most accepted articles will run exclusively on DRJ.com in our weekly "Online Exclusive" feature. Selected articles will run in the quarterly digital and printed editions of Disaster Recovery Journal. Only the Spring and Fall issues will be printed and mailed to subscribers. The Summer and Winter editions will be published online.