Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 122: 5 Things Business Continuity Professionals Should Focus On Next
While the pandemic may be waning, there is no shortage of new situations for which to prepare. Business resilience professionals have a myriad of obstacles to navigate in the upcoming year. In this episode, we will touch on the global Monkeypox outbreak, a forecast of extreme weather, the looming recession and the changing geopolitical landscape. How are businesses preparing to handle the next wave of threats? How will this affect supply chains? What are businesses doing to keep employees happy and healthy? Tune in to start addressing these questions and more as you prepare your business for this next year.
Sign up for our Four Corners newsletter for opportunities to connect, access to exclusive content, bonus interviews, and more at https://bit.ly/BRDFourCorners.
Some things business continuity professionals should be paying attention to include:
- The current global Monkeypox outbreak, with over 14,000 reported cases in the United States.
- Extreme winter weather that has been predicted by the Farmer’s Almanac this year.
- Potential for violent behavior driven by the midterm elections in November. Episode 121 is about preparing for an active shooter with actionable tips.
- Are you prepared for a recession? We just released a podcast episode (check it out here) on how to prepare and have more resources on this to come.
- There is a lot of geo-political divisiveness in the air. As a business, you need to be prepared for civil unrest in and around your offices.
Disaster Recovery Journal:
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series: https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
- Register for DRJ Spring 2023: Solutions for a Resilient Tomorrow: https://www.drj.com/spring2023
- Visit our website here: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Podcast website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEIrqWlxuyDvkXB24h6Obw/videos
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://bit.ly/VanessaMathews
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.