Episode 136: Business Continuity Risks to Watch in 2023
You might have business continuity plans drawn up for the usual, everyday business risks, but every year there are specific threats we need to consider based on political climates, the economy, and global conflicts. In this episode, we’re sharing the top risks you need to consider in 2023.
Some of the risks we’re covering include:
- Global conflicts are at the forefront in 2023, including the Russia-Ukraine war and China’s threats to invade Taiwan. Both have a huge impact on supply chains and the U.S. economy as they escalate.
- Artificial intelligence, including AI-generated content and other AI tools, is getting better and better – as long as it’s in the right hands. There are ways to leverage AI for good, but are you preparing your teams for AI’s risks?
- The need to plan for compounding risks is more important than ever. Brainstorm ways that one disaster’s solution might be thwarted by the effects of another disaster.
Sign up for our Four Corners newsletter for exclusive content, bonus interviews, and more.
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series
- Register for DRJ Spring 2023: Solutions for a Resilient Tomorrow
Connect with the podcast!
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
Jon Seals, producerJon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.