Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 97: Effective Communication Skills to Increase Your Influence & Persuasion with Nancy Murphy
This episode is brought to you by Fusion Risk Management, Building a More Resilient World Together. Request a demo at https://bit.ly/FusionDECODED today!
From transitioning to a work-from-home environment to discussing policy changes to create more equity and inclusion, the last two years have raised a lot of opportunities for influence and persuasion. Our ability to influence change and create impact within our organizations is not dependent on our role or title, but instead on how effectively we communicate. In this episode, Nancy Murphy – a communications and influence expert – guides us through the skills we need to develop to be more persuasive in our organizations.
Nancy Murphy, founder and president of CSR Communications, is a trainer, speaker, advisor and mentor with a passion for teaching leaders of established organizations how to make change stick. She has worked with global nonprofits, foundations, Fortune 100 companies, local governments, and federal agencies.
Connect with Nancy:
- Website – https://www.csrcommunications.com/
- Free Resources – https://www.csrcommunications.com/freebies/
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/nancyamurphy/
In this episode, you will learn:
- What an intrapreneur is and how to foster their growth in your organization
- Why both entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs are important for scaling impact
- What influence and being an influencer mean within an organization
- How anyone at any level can be an intrapreneur
- Examples of instances where you might need to be persuasive at work
- The skills you need to develop to be more influential
- Why inner work is key to building your influence and persuasion skills
Disaster Recovery Journal:
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series: https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
- Register for DRJ Fall 2022: The Evolution of Resilience: https://www.drj.com/fall2022
- Visit our website here: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Podcast website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEIrqWlxuyDvkXB24h6Obw/videos
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://bit.ly/VanessaMathews
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.