Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 91: How Generational Diversity and Racial Equity are Getting Companies Future-Ready with Raven Solomon
This month, the Business Resilience DECODED Podcast will be focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. Avoiding this important topic and all the critical conversations around it means accepting risk in our organizations, so in this episode, Raven Solomon is guiding us through generational diversity to support and recruit employees of all ages, as well as how racial equity is preparing businesses for the future.
Raven Solomon is a global diversity, equity, and inclusion thought leader and nationally recognized keynote speaker who helps organizations get future-ready by understanding generations, racial equity, and their intersection. Raven’s mission is simple – to solve for racial inequity by breaking down generational and racial barriers in the workplace, replacing them with empathy and synergy that fosters productive working relationships, drives business results, and prepares organizations to compete in the not-so-distant future.
Connect with Raven:
- Visit her website – https://www.ravensolomon.com/
- Listen to The Generational View Podcast – http://www.thegenerationalview.com/
In this episode, you will learn:
- What generational diversity is and why it’s so important
- How generational diversity and inclusion can solve almost any problem
- Why there can be conflict between generations in the workplace and how to prevent those conflicts
- How to attract and retain young talent in our industry
- Why your actions as an individual contribute to or detract from workplace equity
- The skills you need to develop to become a more inclusive leader
- Take our podcast listener survey: https://forms.gle/XDuYPcFjXaydkEXV6
Disaster Recovery Journal:
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series: https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
- Register for DRJ Spring 2022: Resiliency Transformed: http://www.drj.com/spring2022
- Visit our website here: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us: email@example.com
- Podcast website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEIrqWlxuyDvkXB24h6Obw/videos
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://bit.ly/VanessaMathews
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonseals/
- Disaster Recovery Journal: https://drj.com/