Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 96: How Ignoring Data Backups Puts Your Processes, Products, and People at Risk with Brian Kuhn
Cybersecurity and data protection have been an especially important topic since so many of our workforces went remote in 2020. While larger companies quickly adapted, many small and medium businesses have not prioritized cloud safety and data backups. In this episode, Brian Kuhn helps us explore the risks to running a business on outdated software systems.
Brian Kuhn is an executive-level leader with more than 25 years of strategy, vision-setting, planning and execution experience in technology and services. He is currently the chief operating officer of Infrascale. Brian is especially attuned to dynamic landscapes with a sharp focus on business growth and customer delight.
Connect with Brian:
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why it’s risky for businesses of all sizes to run software and data that’s outdated
- The specific risks to your data if it’s not protected
- Questions to ask yourself about the data in your business
- Why people, processes, and products should all be factored into protecting your data
- Why satisfied clients and happy employees should be at the root of your efforts to reduce risk to your tech processes
- The future risks you need to anticipate as cloud data becomes smarter and more decentralized
- Why just being on the cloud is not enough to protect yourself from risk
Disaster Recovery Journal:
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series: https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
- Register for DRJ Spring 2022: Resiliency Transformed: http://www.drj.com/spring2022
- Visit our website here: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us: email@example.com
- Podcast website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEIrqWlxuyDvkXB24h6Obw/videos
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://bit.ly/VanessaMathews
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.