Episode 140: How Leadership Affects Your Policies, Processes, Playbooks, and Practices
We all know how important it is to document your systems, but what about leadership’s role in making sure these systems are followed? In this episode, we’re covering the differences between policies, processes, playbooks, and practices, and how your leadership can make or break the effectiveness of each.
Some of the key takeaways include:
- Everything begins and ends with leadership. It’s so important for leadership to have a clear vision, build strong relationships and partnerships, and set expectations of how teams need to execute their roles.
- Always consider the stakeholders in your plans. Who are they? What do they care about? What is their “why?”
- Consistency is key. As a leader, you need to be consistent in messaging, communicating, managing, and training. Without consistency, there will not be effective execution.
Sign up for our Four Corners newsletter for exclusive content, bonus interviews, and more.
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series
- Register for DRJ Spring 2023: Solutions for a Resilient Tomorrow
Connect with the podcast!
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.