Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 131: How the Presence of Women in Business Continuity Is Changing
This episode is brought to you by Fusion Risk Management, Building a More Resilient World Together. Request a demo at https://bit.ly/FusionDECODED today!
Business continuity has always been a male-dominated industry until recently. These days women are showing up at the table, leading discussions and solving problems. When you think about it, a woman’s natural ability to plan and problem solve are a perfect fit for a career in business continuity. Join us today, as Vanessa talks with Linda Henderson about the positive and changing presence of women in business resilience as well as what more women can do to lift each other up. Linda Henderson has more than 30 years business experience and is currently the business continuity planner at Markel.
Connect with Linda Henderson
Sign up for our Four Corners newsletter for opportunities to connect, access to exclusive content, bonus interviews, and more at https://bit.ly/BRDFourCorners.
Some key takeaways from our conversation with Linda include:
- Women are being listened to. They are not only at the table but are being listened to more than ever before. Women now have positions of power. For Millennials, this is much more accepted than Generation X and this is a welcome change.
- Be aware of perception especially in terms of generational differences. Women in Generation X were more often seen and not heard as it was not always acceptable for women to be outspoken. This is different from Millennials, where it is much more acceptable for women to be outspoken.
- Allow women to take the lead. We don’t need rescuing or mansplaining. Ask us clarifying questions if you don’t understand our point of view and we will be happy to explain.
Disaster Recovery Journal:
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series: https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
- Register for DRJ Spring 2023: Solutions for a Resilient Tomorrow: https://www.drj.com/spring2023
- Visit our website here: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us: email@example.com
- Podcast website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEIrqWlxuyDvkXB24h6Obw/videos
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://bit.ly/VanessaMathews
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonseals/
- Disaster Recovery Journal: https://drj.com/