Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
This episode is brought to you by Fusion Risk Management, Building a More Resilient World Together. Request a demo at https://bit.ly/FusionDECODED today!
With a recession looming, climate change, and political strife ever present, more and more organizations are looking to an uncertain future. One way to help mitigate this uncertainty is to build a lasting business continuity program. But how exactly do we do this? Vanessa talks with business continuity expert Shane Mathew about key steps to take when building a program that will last. Shane Mathew has years of experience working in public health building emergency response plans and is currently the head of enterprise resilience for Zoom.
Connect with Shane Mathew
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/shanemathew/
Failover Plan Podcast – failoverpodcast.com
Sign up for our Four Corners newsletter for opportunities to connect, access to exclusive content, bonus interviews, and more at https://bit.ly/BRDFourCorners.
Three things to consider when building a lasting business continuity program:
- Don’t just jump in. Develop a transformational statement of where the business currently stands and where they would like to be in the future. Look at the culture and big picture of an organization and make sure your business continuity program matches that culture.
- Make sure your purpose is in alignment with what they want. What they say is not always what they want. For example, they may say they want a business resilience plan, when in fact, they want a compliance program.
- Scope and order. Scope needs to be clearly defined in terms of what comes first and what comes afterwards. Prioritize your timeline and then you’ll know where and how to proceed.
Disaster Recovery Journal:
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series: https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
- Register for DRJ Spring 2023: Solutions for a Resilient Tomorrow: https://www.drj.com/spring2023
- Visit our website here: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Podcast website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEIrqWlxuyDvkXB24h6Obw/videos
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://bit.ly/VanessaMathews
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.