Episode 146: Human Resources Strategies for Building Culture and Acquiring Talent
Over the last few years, trends in recruiting, hiring, and retaining talent have changed drastically. In this episode, Marie Mann, an executive partner at Gartner and former chief HR officer and C-suite advisor, is sharing her perspective on what we can expect from a hiring perspective and how to make sure we’re following best practices for retaining talent. Mann has more than 20 years of executive-level HR experience in delivering global strategies to engage employees, drive profits, and generate growth.
Some of the key takeaways include:
- Some of the hiring and HR trends to look out for this year are quiet quitting and quiet hiring, hybrid workforces, and investing in training managers as they’re promoted within a company.
- Companies are really evaluating their employee value proposition. Beyond salary and benefits, what are you offering your employees in terms of engagement and upward mobility?
- Company culture is all about how you treat each other within your company. You can have collaboration, respect, and teamwork virtually, so you can build culture virtually.
Sign up for our Four Corners newsletter for exclusive content, bonus interviews, and more.
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series
- Register for DRJ Fall 2023: Focus on Resiliency
Connect with the podcast!
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.
KEYWORDS: human resources, CHRO, hiring, recruiting, employee retention, employee engagement