Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 135: Moving Your Company’s IT Forward as a Chief Information Officer
Chief information officers (CIOs) are facing a lot of challenges these days: there are not enough people going into the field, resources are scarce, and security concerns continue to grow. At the same time, businesses want to move forward in the IT realm. How do these two needs resolve themselves and where is the future of IT going? Vanessa talks with Chief Information Officer Garrett McAlister of SUNY Westchester Community College about all this and more. If your business has IT goals, you’ll want to listen in. If your business does not have IT goals, you NEED to listen in so you can craft those goals.
Three things to consider when moving your company’s IT forward:
- Embrace the digital transformation age. Everything is moving toward IT and AI; think automations, accessibility, and connectivity.
- Cultivate the IT talent pool – There is a shortage of talented people who understand IT. Start to form partnerships with local colleges and universities, create internships, and hopefully gather some future staff early on.
- As IT continues to become more and more intertwined in our lives, we need to continue to dedicate time toward staff education. In addition, network security infrastructure should be a top concern.
Connect with Garrett McAlister on LinkedIn.
Sign up for our Four Corners newsletter for exclusive content, bonus interviews, and more.
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series
- Register for DRJ Spring 2023: Solutions for a Resilient Tomorrow
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us: email@example.com
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.