Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 123: DRJ Fall 2022 Conference Recap
This episode is brought to you by Fusion Risk Management, Building a More Resilient World Together. Request a demo at https://bit.ly/FusionDECODED today!
While the DRJ Fall 2022 conference is now over, it proved to be a lively mix of businesses, vendors, and professionals coming together to discuss all things business continuity and disaster recovery. Vanessa Mathews and Jon Seals discuss their takeaways including the thrill of having their own booth for the Business Resilience DECODED podcast. The podcast audience for BRD continues to grow and we want to thank everyone who tunes in each week and finds value in the content. We will continue to investigate the hot topics, the uncomfortable topics, and everything in between. In addition to our favorite conference takeaways, in this episode we discuss the topics and trends business continuity professionals need to focus on in 2023.
Sign up for our Four Corners newsletter for opportunities to connect, access to exclusive content, bonus interviews, and more at https://bit.ly/BRDFourCorners.
Here are some topics and trends that business continuity professionals should be paying attention to in 2023:
- Supply chain issues, especially in regards to our dependence on rail transportation.
- Investing in leadership and development for the next generation. Millennials are entering key leadership positions and Gen Z is entering the workforce… are you ready?
- Cybersecurity: how exposed are you to cyber threats, and how prepared are you for a cyber attack?
Disaster Recovery Journal:
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series: https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
- Register for DRJ Spring 2023: Solutions for a Resilient Tomorrow: https://www.drj.com/spring2023
- Visit our website here: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Podcast website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEIrqWlxuyDvkXB24h6Obw/videos
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://bit.ly/VanessaMathews
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.