Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 87: How the Great Resignation is Affecting Business Continuity & How to Prepare for It in 2022
We’ve all heard of “The Great Resignation,” but many of us in the business continuity space are on the frontlines witnessing and feeling the effects of massive staffing shortages. Unfortunately, this phenomenon is only continuing into 2022, but with the right action steps, you can reduce its effects on your organization. In this episode, Vanessa shares tangible and actionable tools for preparing for and reducing the effects of the Great Resignation in 2022.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How the Great Resignation is impacting the business continuity profession (there is some good news!).
- Some of the reasons employees are leaving their jobs right now.
- The breakdown of demographics in the workforce and their plans to leave their jobs in the next 12 months.
- How you should be re-evaluating your 2022 recovery plans to prepare for a staffing loss of any kind.
- Actionable steps to document and run your processes in the event of a staffing shortage.
- The cost of maintaining the people you need in key roles.
- BC Management for Staffing Insights & Research: https://www.bcmanagement.com/
- Ergonomic Trends: “11 Shocking Statistics on the Great Resignation” https://ergonomictrends.com/great-resignation-statistics/
Disaster Recovery Journal:
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series: https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
- Register for DRJ Spring 2022: Resiliency Transformed: http://www.drj.com/spring2022
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Please take part in our podcast listener survey: https://forms.gle/XDuYPcFjXaydkEXV6
- Email us: email@example.com
- Podcast website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEIrqWlxuyDvkXB24h6Obw/videos
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://bit.ly/VanessaMathews
- Asfalis Advisors: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.