Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every other Thursday.
Episode 80: Personal Resilience
Vanessa’s guest is Marie Hale, cofounder and visionary at @revenue, the innovative Chicago sales and marketing agency. The topic is personal resilience. Vanessa defines personal resilience as the “ability to absorb an impact or disruption and be able to bounce back.” Marie has thought a lot about personal resilience over the past few years. She had no choice after the passing of two people close to her—first her life partner and mentor, then a close friend and colleague—and the onset of skin cancer affecting her face. In confronting these losses, says Marie, “I had to learn to pick myself up and put my lipstick on and keep walking.” In addition:
- Marie discusses how to develop personal resilience and its benefits in connecting with others and thriving in business.
- Marie explains how vulnerability and authenticity have become two of the strongest tools in her skillset.
- Marie gives her answer to the question, “When you walk through an experience of having your entire chosen family eliminated and you still have to lead, what do you have to fall back on?”
Finally, Vanessa gets Marie to connect the dots between sales and resilience. Marie explains why CRM is her love language and encourages listeners not to do business with jerk-faces.
Please take part in our podcast listener survey at: https://forms.gle/XDuYPcFjXaydkEXV6
Disaster Recovery Journal:
Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series at https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
Register for DRJ Spring 2022: Resiliency Transformed at http://www.drj.com/spring2022
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us at email@example.com
- Podcast Website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
Marie Hale, guest
Marie Hale is the co-founder and visionary at @revenue, a leading Chicago sales and marketing agency. She has spent more than 20 years revolutionizing small business marketing and sales in the Chicagoland area. She was formerly the owner of marketing agency Lipstic Logic. A graduate of Jim Rosas’ Sales Results, Inc., program with a Black Belt in Sales, she speaks all over the country on sales and marketing topics as well as her own story of resilience.
- @revenue: https://www.atrevenue.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marie-hale
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mariehaleinspired/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atrevenue/?hl=en
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/realmariehale?lang=en
- Red Lipstick and Resilience on YouTube: https://youtu.be/cztOT4F-gtE
- fwdrEvolution: https://www.fwdrevolution.com/author/marieh/
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/public-speaking/
- Asfalis Advisors: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.