Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 84: Solutions to Financial Services Risks (in 15 Minutes)
What are the main risks facing financial services companies today? How can these risks be minimized? These are the questions Vanessa tackles in this week’s fast-paced and insight-packed solo edition of the podcast. The past couple of years have been hard on financial services companies. Independent reports have shown that the COVID pandemic and its repercussions have turned the financial services sector into one of the most crisis-prone industries. Vanessa breaks down the five main risks facing financial services companies today. She also shares five ways financial companies can make themselves more secure. In this episode you will learn:
- How the pandemic and the public health measures adopted to fight it have created risk for financial services companies.
- How new technology such as AI and robotics are challenging financial services companies’ ability to compete.
- How financial services companies are threatened by the widening racial wealth gap.
- What financial services companies can do to improve their resiliency in 2022.
Vanessa also talks about the challenges facing financial services companies that are trying to change from brick and mortar companies into fin tech organizations and why fewer and fewer people are visiting their local bank.
EXECUTIVE PERSPECTIVES ON TOP RISKS FOR 2021 AND 2030: https://graces.community/executive-perspectives-on-top-risks-for-2021-and-2030/
ICM Annual Crisis Report 2020:
Disaster Recovery Journal:
Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series at https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
Register for DRJ Spring 2022: Resiliency Transformed at http://www.drj.com/spring2022
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Please take part in our podcast listener survey at: https://forms.gle/XDuYPcFjXaydkEXV6
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Podcast Website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/public-speaking/
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.