Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every other Thursday.
Episode 72: ‘Reset and Recover: Navigating the Road to Resilience’
In this special extended edition of the podcast, Vanessa and guest cohost Jeni Bukolt, president and founder of Haven Creative, talk to three dynamic local leaders from around the country about how they have been helping their communities navigate the road to resilience following the public health and economic crises of the past year and a half.
- Bradley Ford, city manager of Waco, Texas
- Janet LaBar, president and CEO of the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance
- Lily Mei, mayor of Fremont, California
The panelists talk about the priorities, policies, and partnerships they’ve leveraged to promote economic development and the overall health of their communities through the COVID-19 crisis. They also discuss how they’re reimagining and rebuilding for the future.
Janet LaBar explains the power of social media and digital platforms in helping communities stay connected in times of crisis.
Lily Mei emphasizes the importance of empathy and explains how her city has promoted resiliency by configuring three fire stations to run off the grid.
Bradley Ford “drops the mic” (as Vanessa says) by describing how important it is local leaders “to put programs together, put money behind it, and go do it, for the betterment of the world.”
- Road to Resilience Training Program: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/register/
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series at https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/.
- Register for the DRJ Fall 2021 conference in Phoenix at https://drj.com/fall2021/.
- Register for DRJ Fall 2021: A Virtual Experience at https://drj.com/fall2021/virtual/.
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us at email@example.com
- Podcast Website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/public-speaking/
- Asfalis Advisors: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/
Jeni Bukolt, cohost
Jeni Bulot is the founder and president of Haven Creative, a community-branding agency based in Charlotte, NC, that specializes in developing strategic marketing and communications campaigns for governments and nonprofit organizations.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenibukolt
- Haven Creative: https://havencreativeagency.com/about/
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.