Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 127: Strategic Communication Methods for DE & I
This episode is brought to you by Fusion Risk Management, Building a More Resilient World Together. Request a demo at https://bit.ly/FusionDECODED today!
Business continuity professionals need to focus on strategic communication and how corporations take responsibility for their actions. In this episode, Vanessa Mathews talks with Richard Bynum, chief corporate responsibility officer at PNC, about how to best serve your employees and customers in this age of social justice, community impact, and sustainability. A lot has shifted since the start of the pandemic and corporations need to think deeply not only about how they want to shape the new world we are in, but how their actions reflect on their reputations. Tune in to hear an insightful discussion about how we need to serve our market communities individually and lead by what we do, not what we say.
Sign up for our Four Corners newsletter for opportunities to connect, access to exclusive content, bonus interviews, and more at https://bit.ly/BRDFourCorners.
Three key things to keep in mind when we talk about corporate responsibility:
- Treat communities as individuals. Each has unique needs and solutions should be rooted in that. Larger corporations should consider having a market point person in each large market area precisely for this reason.
- Invest in communities. Just like our banks, we need to make a deposit before we can make a withdrawal.
- Don’t get caught up in analysis paralysis. Too often we get caught up in round tables, reports and long-range plans instead of taking direct action. Take actionable steps to make a difference now.
Disaster Recovery Journal:
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series: https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
- Register for DRJ Spring 2023: Solutions for a Resilient Tomorrow: https://www.drj.com/spring2023
- Visit our website here: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us: email@example.com
- Podcast website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEIrqWlxuyDvkXB24h6Obw/videos
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://bit.ly/VanessaMathews
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.