Episode 161: Supply Chain Resilience in the Wine & Spirits Industry
Supply chains continue to be a trending topic, and in this episode, we’re digging into managing and troubleshooting supply chains for the wine and spirits industry. We’re joined by John Liuzzi, the national director for business continuity for Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits, who is running a “dream team” of business continuity professionals in his industry to share his insights, plus how business continuity challenges differ in the public vs. private sectors.
Some key takeaways from this episode include:
- Some of the top challenges John’s team is planning for include natural disasters, product availability, and inflation affecting pricing and sales.
- They have tools to track everything, including weather all over the world since that can affect manufacturing and shipping, and social media mentions of their brand as well as their suppliers’ brands.
- Having executive support is crucial for the success of your business continuity team. When the financial support and full trust is there, you can build an unstoppable business continuity program in your organization.
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series
- Register for DRJ Spring 2024: Unleashing the Power of Resilience
Connect with the podcast!
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.
KEYWORDS: Wine and spirits, beverage industry, business continuity, risk tracking, business continuity tools, supply chains