Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 89: The Four Vectors of Risk – Risk Management Strategies to Follow in 2022
This episode is brought to you by Fusion Risk Management, Building a More Resilient World Together. Request a demo at https://bit.ly/FusionDECODED today!
I sat down with James Donnelly of M Booth Public Relations to discuss our thoughts on the unique challenges emergency managers will be facing in a post-pandemic world. Together we came up with four vectors of risk that leaders in our field should be aware of to prepare for any scenario in 2022.
The four vectors of risk are top-down risks, bottom-up risks, inside-out risks, and outside-in risks. For a more in-depth explanation and discussion questions of each vector, please visit https://bit.ly/FourVectorsofRisk.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to approach the four vectors of risk
- Why there’s usually a shift in leadership after a disaster
- Why you should have a personnel contingency plan that includes building leadership from the bottom up
- How to maintain a steady stream of talent at all times to be prepared for a personnel shift
- What employees value about the companies they work for – and how they’re holding them accountable
- How systems, industries, and society as a whole have shifted during the pandemic and what to expect post-pandemic
- M Booth Agency: https://www.mbooth.com/expertise/issues-crisis-management/
- Asfalis Advisors Blog Post: https://bit.ly/FourVectorsofRisk
- “American companies pledged $50 billion to Black communities. Most of it hasn’t materialized” – Fortune https://fortune.com/2021/05/06/us-companies-black-communities-money-50-billion/
Disaster Recovery Journal:
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series: https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
- Register for DRJ Spring 2022: Resiliency Transformed: http://www.drj.com/spring2022
- Visit our website here: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Please take part in our podcast listener survey: https://forms.gle/XDuYPcFjXaydkEXV6
- Email us: email@example.com
- Podcast website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEIrqWlxuyDvkXB24h6Obw/videos
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://bit.ly/VanessaMathews
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.