Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 116: The Russia-Ukraine Conflict and Its Effect on Energy Industry
This episode is brought to you by Fusion Risk Management, Building a More Resilient World Together. Request a demo at https://bit.ly/FusionDECODED today!
Today, there is a global imbalance of supply and demand for oil and natural gas consumption made worse because of the Russia-Ukraine war. In this episode, Matthew Iak explains how this conflict is different than any other in the energy industry and why Russia has such a global hold. He breaks down the US impact and what risk businesses should prepare for long-term.
Matthew Iak is the executive vice president of U.S. Energy Development Corporation, an exploration and production operating company that designs and manages direct investment opportunities for accredited investors and institutional partners.
Sign up for our Four Corners newsletter for opportunities to connect, access to exclusive content, bonus interviews, and more at https://bit.ly/BRDFourCorners.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The impact foreign conflict has on the energy sector in the United States
- Why Russia’s invasion is making a global impact
- The energy industry changes taking place in the US after Russia’s takeover of a nuclear power plant in Ukraine
- The risk to businesses as diesel and natural gas prices rise
- How the recession we’re experiencing will play into energy impacts long-term
- What your business should be doing to prepare for the short and long-term effects of energy
Disaster Recovery Journal:
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series: https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
- Register for DRJ Fall 2022: The Evolution of Resilience: https://www.drj.com/fall2022
- Visit our website here: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us: email@example.com
- Podcast website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEIrqWlxuyDvkXB24h6Obw/videos
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://bit.ly/VanessaMathews
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonseals/
- Disaster Recovery Journal: https://drj.com/