Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 107: We Need to Talk About the Silos in Business Resilience
This episode is brought to you by Fusion Risk Management, Building a More Resilient World Together. Request a demo at https://bit.ly/FusionDECODED today!
There are a lot of industries and specialties that fall under business resilience, including – but not limited to – risk management, emergency management, business continuity, and public safety. Unfortunately, a lot of these specialties can be siloed from each other, both within organizations and across companies. In Vanessa’s work, she has noticed several opportunities for bridging the gap between these silos and what’s at stake if we don’t.
Sign up for our Four Corners newsletter for opportunities to connect, access to exclusive content and bonus interviews, and more – https://bit.ly/BRDFourCorners
In this episode, you will learn:
- Where silos exist within the disciplines that fall under business resilience
- How silos affect the efficiency and expenses in an organization
- Where to look for silos in your organization
- What’s missing from your organization when companies are siloed
- The risks that are in play as a result of silos
- How to rectify silos in your organization and across our disciplines
- Procedures to adopt to keep the flow of communication between departments
Disaster Recovery Journal:
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series: https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
- Register for DRJ Fall 2022: The Evolution of Resilience: https://www.drj.com/fall2022
- Visit our website here: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us: email@example.com
- Podcast website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEIrqWlxuyDvkXB24h6Obw/videos
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://bit.ly/VanessaMathews
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.