Subscribe to the Business Resilience DECODED podcast – from DRJ and Asfalis Advisors – on your favorite podcast app. New episodes every Thursday.
Episode 98: Why Relationships Are Crucial for Business Continuity with Mark Armour
Have you ever been in an emergency management situation where you had to contact a vendor or key player in your plan that you’ve never spoken to before? In this episode, Mark Armour, a key business continuity leader and industry disruptor, is sharing why relationships in the business continuity space are so crucial to the success of any business resilience plan. No matter what your role is, you’ll find valuable information in this episode on how to initiate relationship building with more contacts in your industry.
Mark Armour, the senior director of IT governance, risk and compliance at Brink’s Inc., is leading the revolution to change how business continuity is practiced and perceived. He developed the “Adaptive Business Continuity Manifesto” with David Lindstedt, Ph.D. and co-authored “Adaptive Business Continuity: A New Approach.” Adaptive is a groundbreaking concept with the potential to change the practice of business continuity globally.
Connect with Mark:
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/markarmour/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/BC_Revolution
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website – https://adaptivebcp.org/
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why relationships are important in business continuity
- How resilience and initiative in an emergency are improved through relationships
- How trust factors into risk management
- Why it’s important to build relationships with vendors before an emergency arises
- How to set introductory meetings to build relationships
- The barriers to initiating relationships and how to overcome them
Disaster Recovery Journal:
- Register for DRJ’s weekly (Wednesday) webinar series: https://drj.com/webinars/up-coming/
- Register for DRJ Fall 2022: The Evolution of Resilience: https://www.drj.com/fall2022
- Visit our website here: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com
- Apply to be a guest on the podcast: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/decoded/
- Download the 5 Step Crisis Strategy: https://www.asfalisadvisors.com/services/
Connect with the podcast!
- Email us: email@example.com
- Podcast website: https://drj.com/decoded/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRDecoded
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/business-resilience-decoded/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNEIrqWlxuyDvkXB24h6Obw/videos
Vanessa Mathews, host
Vanessa Mathews is the founder and chief resilience officer of Asfalis Advisors, where they are focused on protecting the legacy of the leaders they serve through business resilience. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Mathews developed global crisis management and business continuity programs for government and private sector organizations to include Lowe’s Companies, Gulfstream Aerospace, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-vaughn-mathews-mba-cbcp-70916b4b/
- Book Mathews as a speaker: https://bit.ly/VanessaMathews
Jon Seals, producer
Jon Seals is the editor in chief at Disaster Recovery Journal, the leading magazine/event in business continuity. Seals is an award-winning journalist with a background in publication design, business media, content management, sports journalism, social media, and podcasting.